Planning a conference is so much work and I’m glad that I’d forgotten just how overwhelming it can be at times. I’m having a hot flash as I write this thinking about how much emotional energy it’s taking. Thank goodness there are many great aspects to THIS conference. The number one BEST part is the people. I get to connect with wickedly talented, graciously kind, world-changing trailblazers every single day. That reminds me why I initially started down this path. CONNECTION!
While many entrepreneurs work from home, it’s not even so much about connecting to people in general, it’s about connecting to like-minded people… our tribe… our peeps. The greatest gift I received from B-School is learning that I am not alone. There are other crazy, out-there, multi-passionates looking to change the world. And we aren’t simply “looking”, we are actively DOING! It also fills me up that many of us are changing the world using our woo.
For us, connecting to our woo-roots fills us up and empowers us to do our greatest work possible. This doesn’t mean that we all sit around predicting the future or using our cards (for some of us it absolutely does mean that!)… for me it means that I am learning to lean into my intuition more and more. It also means that I listen to my guides… they speak to me in my own voice, hot flashes, and quite often a simple knowing. We all have this ability, but most of us don’t know a thing about it and/or are afraid to let it work for us. The more we can connect with our intuition, the greater our power will grow to create the lives we were destined to live.
Just this morning I had a deep conversation with one of our fellow woos about health and wellbeing. We agreed that it’s not about any ONE thing, but it’s about how we live ALL aspects of our lives that create health, wellness, and balance. We shared parts of our individual stories and what is helping us live aligned, well lives. For me that means:
- Enough exercise that’s right for me… I try to walk 45 minutes a day.
- Food… Good, whole foods go a long way. I make a concerted effort to leave the sugar alone and put aside all grains in the flour form.
- Nature… I touch trees. I smell the dirt. I absorb the beauty around me.
- Meditation… every single day. It’s usually on my walks and shorter moments throughout the day and evening. I also love to take it to the mat with my yoga.
- Supplements… I work with a truly talented medical intuitive who has me on a good regimen.
- Spirituality… I connect with the divine on a daily basis through my meditative practice… sometimes it’s on a trail, in the shower, while driving or even right now as a take a noticed breath to remind me I am here in this moment.
- Connection… I take time to work on my relationships. I set down my phone and turn off my computer and sit at the dinner table with my family. I pick up the phone and call the people who matter most to me. We Skype with my son’s great grandmother every Sunday. I HUG PEOPLE… and dogs and cats and the occasional horse. Hugging releases endorphins. Endorphins are good!
Did you notice that it is absolutely not just ONE thing that creates my health and wellness? We live in a drive-through society that teaches us to look for the quick fixes. It simply does not work that way. We are not machines and every quick-fix pill we take leads to some symptom that will also need a pill.
Invest in yourself. Invest in your host body. Make the most of your time here on this planet this time around. It matters. It all matters. This conference matters. The why of this conference is all about alignment, balance, connection. THAT is why I am planning this conference. To connect with my tribe… my peeps… in person and on the dance floor!